Monday, May 26, 2008

...and... we're back!

Well I'm back from my *gasp* 17 day break from reality. I went on the 15-day Disney Magic Westbound Panama Canal repositioning cruise. Boy that's a mouthful! The itinerary went like this:

Sat May 10 - Embark in Port Canaveral, FL
Sun May 11 - Castaway Cay (Gorda Cay), Bahamas
Mon May 12 - At sea
Tue May 14 - At sea
Wed May 15 - Aruba, Netherlands Antilles
Thu May 16 - At sea
Fri May 17 - Through the Panama Canal
Sat May 18 - At sea
Sun May 19 - At sea
Mon May 20 - Acapulco, Mexico
Tue May 21 - At sea
Wed May 22 - Puerto Valliarta, Mexico
Thu May 23 - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Fri May 24 - At sea
Sat May 25 - At sea
Sun May 26 - Disembark in San Pedro / Los Angeles (with additional visit to Disneyland and California Adventure, overnight stay at Disney's Grand Californian hotel)
Mon May 27 - Back to reality
Tue May 28 - Back to work

LOL

Ok well over the next few days I'll post my travel web log, or tblog. or maybe just tlog (the 't' is silent). I took notes several days about our ports of call, especially the day we traveled through the Panama Canal. What an awesome day!! Here are a few tidbits about the trip for the both of you that read my blog. :o)

* Food!
* Special guests Joey Fatone from N'Sync and Alfonso Ribeiro from Fresh Prince of Bel Air!
* Guest speakers: (1) Retired Panama Canal Pilot Capt. Ken Puckett, (2) Disney World senior artist Don "Ducky" Williams, (3) author, Disney consultant, nerd, and former imagineer Jeff Kurtti and more!
* More Food!
* Magician Mike Super
* Did I mention food?
* Palo fine dining
* Lots (and lots) of crazy Hawaiian t-shirts!
* The Cove Cafe
* Even more food!
* Pictures to prove it!

As you can tell, I haven't eaten much in the past few days. :o)

I hope over the next several days to post some of my trip thoughts and share some pictures with you of my 5,700 mile voyage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to read your trip report as I'm taking the East Bound Panama Canal cruise on the Magic in August. I'm sure you had a great time and I'm ready to hear all about it. I found your blog posted on a site called threecircles.net. It's a group of disney-cruise-aholics. LOL. I'm particularly interested because I'm a Kansas also (Wichita)!