Monday, January 28, 2008

Resolutions and music

I know, I know... we're a month into the big oh-eight already. Is it too late for "New Years" resolutions? Not at all!

I only have one resolution so far this year. Well, losing weight doesn't count, it's always a resolution without a solution.

This year, I've been reading the Daily Bible. It's a chronological NIV broken down into 365 daily readings with brief commentary. I've been (nearly) faithful every day in reading. For the day or two I've missed, I've made up the next day.

Occasionally, I may post about what I've read. Right now, God just stuck it to the Egyptian Pharaoh and Moses and the people high-tailed it out of Egypt, just in time to camp out in between the Red Sea and the charging army. Guess who didn't want his cheap labor leaving?

I wonder what Pharaoh was thinking. He's got his army on one side of the Red Sea, with the Israelites running through the sea on dry ground to the other side. The Bible says God held the sea back with a strong east wind which enabled them to walk through on dry ground. I wonder if Pharaoh noticed that this was an unusual event. Maybe his heart was so hard that he never even stopped to think about it.

In other news, I received my copy of the sheet music and practice CD for Keith Lancaster's upcoming Praise & Harmony Holy God album. I'm so stoked to get to participate in the March recording in Tulsa!!! I've been playing the practice CD it to get familiar with the music. All of the songs are older hymns that I grew up with. Most of them I haven't heard since I was worshiping at Wilshire Blvd in OKC. It's refreshing to pull out some old "top 40" favorites.

No comments: