Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Are you up for the 30-day challenge?

I have to give some props to the Relevant Church in the Tampa Bay area. You might have heard of this church lately, this past Sunday they started what they call the 30-day challenge. Specifically, they are calling on married couples to join with them in having sex every day for 30 days. In addition, they ask couples to spend some time together each day going through a study guide. Each day, the couple answers a question or two together on paper, and then read a scripture.

Single people aren't left with a cold shoulder. The church is also calling singles to abstain from sex during the 30 days. By turning the study guide upside down, singles have their own questions to answer and scripture to read.

The premise of this challenge is to strengthen relationships by fostering closer intimacy. If you boil it down, that's what every relationship parter craves, right? I think a lot of hangups form in relationships that hinder that intimacy, and these hangups can at best limit the relationship and at worst... well can destroy it completely.

I don't know anything about this church beyond what they have on their website. They seem to be a community-type church, and while there are a lot of things I don't agree with, I think this is a cool idea. The young married life group that I go to did a section on sex and intimacy for several weeks. Although I can't say I made very many of our meetings, I think it's a great idea.

What do you think? Would you take up the 30-day challenge?

Reply to this post at: http://mynameisnotjonas.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jarrett said...

Hey man, thanks for the interest. Im curious, did you get the name of your blog from a weezer song?

Jarrett

jeremy said...

Hello, yes, I got the name from Weezer's song that is featured on Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

Jarrett said...

That's killer, i remember when that album came out... i was in 6th grade!