Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update

The One-A-Chord program for Alice Jean and Ed went well. It is just awesome to get to sing with Jim, Bob, Barry, Davian, and Rodney again. These men are dedicated to learning, practicing and singing beautiful music to our God and it's such a pleasure to sing with them.
One-A-Chord
I was also pleasantly surprised to see several former Covenant Chorale members, especially two altos that stood next to me (no, I am not an alto, although I occasionally sing it), Kayla and Joan. I miss them, they were so much fun to be around, especially when standing up, rehearsing, and goofing off. :o)

I did ask Ray to record the program on the digital recorder, and I hope to be able to make it available in some form. I've had several requests for a CD copy, and I have exactly two blank CD-Rs. I'll figure out something, I still have some mixing and maybe a little editing to do (like the time in Hold On! when I made up my own note, then promptly came in too early. In fact, I remember standing up there next to Jim, and hearing that note, wondering if it came out of my mouth. Yep, I was right). I haven't talked to anyone about this, but I wonder if we could get together and run through a few songs and record it. I think mixing for projecting sound in a room and mixing to record onto a CD is two different types of mixing, and recording a "live" session sometimes doesn't produce the best results.

Our program included:
  • Just a Little Talk With Jesus
  • My Wild Irish Rose
  • Look to the Light
  • We Are Not Alone
  • Hold On!
  • Near to the Heart of God
  • Wade in the Water
  • Soon and Very Soon
  • Heaven (We Won't Have to Say Goodbye)
  • View That Holy City
  • Irish Blessing

No comments: