Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This Fragile Vessel

I had a meeting with a potential client tonight after work, and it was handy that I scheduled it on a Wednesday so I wouldn't be far from church. I've been going to a singing class. It's nothing like a choir or the chorale, but... well I see it as a way that I can use my talents for God. I get to practice, to rehearse, learn new songs, and there's a side benefit for me that I'm hugely uplifted spiritually by singing. I can't describe it. Music does something to me. Well, anyway, I was hoping I could head over to the singing class after meeting with my potential client. The meeting went well, and then I hurried off to church. I was a few minutes late, but let me tell you, it was good that I was there. I got to sing with my buddy Justin, I really enjoy singing with him.

We got a packet of some new music, much of it from the Zoe Group (which I really enjoy singing). One piece, we didn't sing it tonight, but I'm listening to it now. It's a beautiful piece, it'd be good for a choral group. It's not difficult to sing, but the chords are very full, rich, and a little unlike a lot of songs. The song is called "This Fragile Vessel" written by Maire Brennan and Kieth Getty, and arranged by a Nashville worship minister, Randy Gill (hear a sample from Zoe's website):

This fragile vessel You have made, no hand on earth can fill.
For the waters of this world have failed and I am thirsty still.
We can be worth of His love, wisdom and mercy.
Take this bread and wine as we share His cross and crown.
Receive the grace sent down.

I see the treasures of Your love, it's not that far to see.
I heard a melody above; a gift from You to me.
We can be worth of His love, wisdom and mercy.
Take this bread and wine as we share His cross and crown.
Receive the grace sent down.

To save what's lost from heav'n He came, His presence still remain.
Open our eyes to His precious blood, because it's not in vain.
We can be worth of His love, wisdom and mercy.
Take this bread and wine as we share His cross and crown.
Receive the grace sent down.
This is a very beautiful, and Zoe does it wonderfully. This song is on their "Closer" album, they sell it on their website.


No comments: