Friday, February 8, 2008

Cooking (or lack thereof)

I remember cooking for two people was always difficult. You end up with odd amounts of leftovers (one, occasionally two or three other meals), and if you cook more than 2-3 nights a week, you just have a gob of food leftover.

I hate leftovers. I do, I loathe them. I can tolerate them the day after they've been made, but much after that, I just really can't stand the thought of eating them. I've battled with this, and I don't know why I feel this way. I think it's the poor reheating that a microwave does (although I've discovered that I can help cook things more evenly and without losing as much moisture by putting a wet paper towel over the food).

I've been intrigued by the idea of the pre-assembled frozen meal companies. Around here, I know of one called Let's Dish and I know there are others. Basically, the idea is that they give you ingredients that are mixed together, you freeze them, and when you're ready to make that meal, you follow the instructions. If I can split those up into individual meals, I'd be set. I wouldn't mind making a meal and taking it the next day to work for lunch. Eating out gets too expensive, I'm trying to cut back on that.

I've also investigated Weight Watchers online for men. They have this cool little Flash app that keeps track of your meals, activities, etc. It might help inspire me to shed a few pounds and get back into some routine exercise.



Now playing in Winamp: Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames

No comments: