Friday, February 22, 2008

I Was Looney

I called a friend of mine Monday to see if he was up for photographing the lunar eclipse on Wednesday night, and sure enough, he was. I told him I'd be over at his place at 6:00pm, which should give us time for dinner, and get out to a good viewing spot before the event started at 7:43pm.

We did so, and braving the very cold temps (about 15 F or -9.4 C) to get some good moon shots. We went down to a park southwest of his house (he's about 25 mi southeast of me). We got some good shots of the early partial eclipse. Here's one that I took:

DSC_0048-edited

Because of some nasty cloud cover, we ended up bolting north about 20 mi and getting some decent pictures of totality:

DSC_0067-edited

DSC_0068-edited

All in all, it was a good night, and we had a good time. We stopped off at McDonalds and got some hot chocolate for the ride back home (and my even longer drive home).

No comments: